Friday, August 31, 2012

Madden 13 Online

     Just played my first Ranked Online match of Madden 13 on Xbox 360.  The gentleman I played was Level 10, which is the highest online rank you can get an achievement for.  His slogan was, "Tired of playin' Bums".  We setup and he selects the New England Patriots and while I select the inferior Washington Redskins.

     Opening play, I create a fumble, recover it and return it for a Touchdown.  Now I have a 7 point lead.  I'm not going to supply a play by play because I don't remember it all.  But I can remember the first time this kid comes out after I scored off the fumble, I get him to 4th down and 6 on his own 40 or so.  Of course, in classic online fashion, he goes for it and doesn't get it.

     I assume he thought I was just going to roll out every play with RG3 but i only rushed with him about 4-5 times the entire game.  I did run a lot of 5 wide outs to make him think i was going to scramble but rarely did.  The thing that got me next was the fact that the guy started to run the SAME play to the same receiver (Gronkowski).  The saddest part is the fact that it took me an entire quarter to realize what he was doing.  I started to select a line backer to cover the cheese play and then he switched to a different receiver.  Of
 course.

     One thing he was good at was getting interceptions on me.  I threw 6 and he threw only 2.  This kid played so shitty other than that.  He had no variety to his play and used little to no intellect to try to beat me.  He just ran the same plays and watched my D for holes.

     4th quarter, it's 30-29 him because he kept going to 2 point conversions.  He has the ball, i pick him off with 2:30 left.  I throw a pick instantly back.  2 mins left I force a fumble and recover it.  Now, it's 2 minute offense time and i felt very confident.  He had used 2 time outs already and i still had all 3.

     I made a few LARGE gains and got down the field quickly.  I was watching the clock and slowly ticking it off with minor run plays or small scrambles.  His last timeout has been used and I'm on his 25 yard line ready to seal the game with my kicker.  It's practically a gimme as long as you don't think about it lol.

     Field goal is good and I win 30-32 with no time left on the clock.  Tired of playing Bums huh?  I do play A LOT of football on xbox but i don't play online often, mainly because of guys like this.  They find a trick play or an easy play that assures them 3-5 yards every time and just run it until the game is over.

     I took down an online Madden bully giant with an inferior team and sent him on his way to find a legitimate victim he could prey on next.  See you next time cheeser.

     Sleep well, Stay strong and most of all NEVER CONFORM!

-JB


No comments:

Post a Comment