Monday, August 13, 2012

The Office, Entourage, The Shield

 


     Every so often, an excellent television show is made and has a nice long run.  I’ve been lucky enough in my 29 years to have had the chance to experience many of them.  I like TV shows that build on a main story line as the season progresses, a show that doesn’t have a mold it follows week in and week out.  Shows that begin with a problem, gather details in the middle and solve at the end, are not my cup of tea.  I don’t mind if the show is like that as long as it is also building on the main plot and story line each week.  

     I have three favorite shows that I have seen EVERY episode at least 5-10 times.  I watch them on my IPOD religiously.  I’m going to go through them and explain why they appeal to me in no particular order.
The first up is probably the easiest for everyone to understand, The Office.  The humor involved in the office isn’t that cheap trick humor like other shows.  The Office build upon its humor with multiple inside jokes from previous episodes and the side bars with the characters are hilarious! 

     Every time I watch it, it makes me feel like a part of the Dunder Mifflin team.  The gags and relationships they have with one another are things I have tried to implement into my life at the shipyard.  This is a MUST watch show for anyone that doesn’t resemble a dry piece of toast personality wise.

 


     Next up, Entourage.  Entourage is a hit HBO show that follows an actor’s climb to the top of the acting mountain.  His rise, fall and rise again story is said to be based loosely off of the life and times of Mark Walberg.  4 dudes that grew up together live out the famous life style and everything that comes with it.  When it goes bad, everyone struggles and when it goes good, it goes real good! 

     This show portrays the life that most people would kill to have and stair steps the adventures of the entire gang from poverty in New York to stardom and individuality among the elite ranks in Hollywood.  Everything about this show is addictive and compelling.

 

     Finally, a show that EVERYONE on the face of this sad little world has seen at least once, The Shield.  I’m going to go ahead and label this the best action/suspense based television show in the recent decades.  I’m not even going to describe it because everyone has seen it and if you haven’t, go watch it and then re-read my horrible blog.

     The last season of the shield was probably the strongest season on an emotional level I’ve ever watched.  The team and all the drama that accompanies a team.  The close calls and the last season.  Every aspect of this show is perfect.  Deep character development and even deeper character involvement.  Excellent series.


     That’s all I got.  Thoughts, comments, questions?

     Sleep well, Stay strong and most of all NEVER CONFORM!

-JB

No comments:

Post a Comment