Thursday, August 23, 2012

NOT a Chic-Fil-A BASH BLOG!

     So I went out today to audit some stuff at work.  I got to 4 different areas and gather data as I see it and then I come across this man.  He is doing his work and I audit him, everything checked out fine.  After I finished with his paperwork he points out his Chic-Fil-A sign that is taped to his box.  Then he begins to discuss how Chic-Fil-A has set the standard for how we need to live as Americans in this country.  That doesn’t bother me at all but the following statement did, purely on an ignorance basis: “Who woulda thunk a chicken sandwich would be the only thing keeping us from becoming a fully gay planet?”

     I have multiple problems with that statement:

A)     We are at work.  Everyone has the right to be ignorant and what not if they see fit but to present it to someone you don’t know in that manner is very risky.  I didn’t take offense or anything to it, but to think a chicken sandwich is the only thing saving this planet from ultimate homosexuality is hilarious.  After he finished saying what he was saying I asked, “What about the waffle fries?”  We had a nice laugh, he was laughing with me and I was laughing at him, so technically he was laughing at himself for being a full blown moron.  Thank you sir.

B)      How in the world did he feel 100% confident that he could drop that knowledge on me?  How did he know I wasn’t an anti-chic-fil-a person or an advocate for people making choices that affect only themselves and not me at all?  What made him think, “I can say whatever I want to say this guy because he appears to be cool.”  If I was offended, he would have been fired on the spot once he was reported.


C)      How did he know I didn’t like some man sausage?   How did he know I don’t play multiple skin flutes?  How did he know I don’t give and receive tube steak in my factory back door?  Maybe I could have been into that.  Maybe I like to jack 2 guys off at the same time or I can handle 4 guys at time without batting an eye.

D)     Please disregard item C.

     Sleep well, Stay strong and most of all NEVER CONFORM!

-JB

 

No comments:

Post a Comment