Sunday, August 19, 2012

Father's Odd Request

     So I'm at work the other day performing a surveillance on a welder and my phone rings.  It's my dad so I answer it to make sure everything is alright.  He made a very odd request but I was determined to fulfill the request.

     I recently took up Origami and I have found a nice method called Modular Origami.  This is where you use multiple pieces of paper usually the same shape and piece together the parts to form certain shapes, like animals or what not. 

     So back to my dad, he calls me and all I hear is the word fish.  I asked him to repeat himself and he said I need you to build be an origami fish that is at least 12" long.  No reason why and no other request at all. 

     Now, I'm beginning to search youtube and google for instructions on how to build this thing.  The only instruction for a modular fish are of a koi fish.  The video instruction SUCK so now I am trying to free style it.  I've got about 1/8 of it done but when i finish i'll post a pic on facebook for all to enjoy. 

     What other odd requests have you received from your parents in the middle of work?

     Sleep well, Stay strong and most of all NEVER CONFORM!

-JB

No comments:

Post a Comment